(no subject)

Senthil Cumar Palaniappun senthilcumar at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 14 00:01:55 EST 2002

Hello all,

I am having a dwl 650 which am trying to use on redhat 8. I tried
various drivers incl prism2_cs, hostap_cs. The lights don't even come
on. When I eject the card there is a single beep with the foll dmesg

cs: cb_free(bus 2)

When I insert the card there is no beep at all; dmesg -

cs: cb_alloc(bus 2): vendor 0x1317, device 0x8201
PCI: Enabling device 02:00.0 (0000 -> 0003)

I did a modprobe hostap_cs (also prism2_cs on another try, but not
both drivers together). Then I enabled wlan0 in linuxconf with
hostap_cs driver but then when I restart network it complains -

Bringing up interface wlan0:  Error for wireless request "Set
Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; No such device.
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; No such device.

Determining IP information for wlan0...SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
wlan0: unknown interface: No such device
wlan0: unknown interface: No such device
failed.
                                                           [FAILED]

So basically, the card is not being recog. I tried all kinds of
things to my knowledge but no luck. This card is working perfectly
fine with win xp. I checked the web and there are many people who got
it to work in linux. I would appreciate if you can please help. It is
really frustrating.

Thanks,
Senthil