Trying to install hostap on a UltraSPARC running Debian

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 12 11:50:12 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:47:03PM +0100, Olivier Bornet wrote:

> I have a new starter kit with two PCMCIA USR Robotics 2410 cards. I have
> also one "adapter" for PCI to put one of this card in a PCI-based
> computer.

Could you please send the part describing the PLX-based adapter from
'lspci -vvv' output so that I could check that the PCI resources are as
expected?

> hostap_plx: CIS: 01 03 00 00 ff 17 ...
> hostap_plx: manfid=0x0156, 0x0002
> hostap_plx: cor_index=0x1 cor_offset=0x3e0
> Prism2/2.5 PC Card detected in PLX9052 adapter

At least Attribute memory can be accessed, since that CIS date is
available.

> hostap_plx: Could not enable Local Interrupts

However, for some reason te interrupts could not be enabled (and the
driver thought that they were not yet enabled). The driver aborts the
initialization for this reason. You could test commenting initialization
by commenting 'goto fail;' line out after that error message in
hostap_plx.c. I'm not sue, whether this helps, but it should be easy to
test.