low throughput under WDS

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 12 11:49:50 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 05:46:05PM +0800, ?? ?? wrote:

> In Master mode the hostap driver(ver.519) give me 4Mbps or higher
> throughput on my arm board, a wonderful AP.
>
> But when I switch to WDS configuration, I can just get about 1.4Mbps the
> most between two boards by QCheck1.28, even I fix them at 11Mbps
> transmitting rate.

Actually, the transmit rate is probably just fixed 2 Mbps.. The problem
with plain WDS configuration and current driver is that the host-based
TX rate controlling does not record any data for these APs unless it is
told to.

I think I will change this so that new station elements are
automatically added for WDS links, but for now, you can just enable
other AP monitoring to fix this. Try running 'prism2_pram wlan0
other_ap_policy 2' on both APs, and you should be able to see the
throughput of WDS links to increase to more or less the same as it is in
AP<->STA connection.