RID len mismatch

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 12 11:49:28 EST 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 09:52:18PM +0200, jar wrote:

> I get "RID len mismatch" errors in my P75 Linux pc. But not in my
> another
> P75 Linux pc (cloned harddisks=identical sofwares). Is this hardware
> problem or what ? Is this critical ? The card(s) is Compaq WL200.

Do you mean that you get these errors on one host, but not the other
when using the _same_ Compaq WL200 card? FD43 and FDC1 are used only for
reporting current signal levels and channel, so they are not critical.
FC84 is for setting TX rate control, but I don't think it will cause
much harm since Host AP mode is anyway using host-based TX rate
controlling. Anyway, such RID length mismatches should not really
happen, so something is not working as it is supposed to be..