Where to get the last station firmware?

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Tue Nov 12 00:07:24 EST 2002

Hello!

> What if all of them fail?

I think I answered that question :-)

>   NICID: 0x8013 v1.0.0

NICID matches.  That's good.

>   PRIID: 0x0015 v1.0.5
>   STAID: 0x001f v1.3.4

Actually, 1.3.4 is quite good, as far as I know.  It works for me as an
access point.

> Verifying update compatibility and combining data:
> Incompatible interfaces:
>   SREC: role=Actor    variant=1 range=4-4 iface=Primary Firmware-Driver
>   card: role=Supplier variant=1 range=1-3 iface=Primary Firmware-Driver
> Incompatible updata data.

I have never seen that.  Check the sources of prism2_srec - there is an
option ("-i") to override this incompatibility.  As long as you upload to
RAM, the risk to kill the card is low.

My guess is that your primary firmware is not compatible with the
secondary firmware you are trying to load.  Try loading primary and
secondary firmware together.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin