A way to force deassociation ? Solved !

Dominique Blas ml at blas.net
Tue Nov 5 19:22:59 EST 2002

Le Mardi 5 Novembre 2002 21:03, Victor Aleo a écrit :
> Dominique Blas wrote:
> >Le Lundi 4 Novembre 2002 13:30, Victor Aleo a écrit :
> >

> >In fact, the function I was looking for is nearly the function
> >ap_control_kickmac but working on the list of associated stas instead of
> >authenticated stas and doing
> >prism2_send_mgmt(...WLAN_FC_STYPE_DISASSOC instead of ...
> >WLAN_FC_STYPE_DEAUTH.
>
> I have modified the function ap_control_kickmac to disassociate a
> station instead of deauthenticate it. Thus, I just have change:

Note that function
	ap_free_sta(ap, sta) in hostap_ap.c
is the key of the process.
This function cancels the AP internal sta list but it doesn't send the
deassociation frames so sta don't even know they are deassociated : not very
clean.

What you've done is the correct way AFAIK.

> prism2_send_mgmt(...WLAN_FC_STYPE_DISASSOC instead of ...
> WLAN_FC_STYPE_DEAUTH.
>
> I have compiled the driver again and it works. So now I can disassociate a
> particular station instead of all the stations (that was my goal).

So you are ready to write the complement and implement it as an
new
	iwpriv subcommand
besides the iwpriv mackick.

Shall we ? :-)

> There is something to note: even when the station gets the Disassociation
> frame it gets also afterwards (1 or 2 ms later)a Deauthentication one if it
> was transmitting or receiving data. The reason: I guess the hardware takes
> a while to process the Disassociation frame and if while this happens the
> station sends, for instance, an ACK to the  current AP, the current AP must
> deathenticate the station (as it is written in the standard).

> Thanks Dominique for the insights,

You're welcome, I think we need to progress together in our understanding.

Thanks to Jouni for having provided us with the driver.

db