IRQ sharing

Pablo Berra hostap at laufquen.com.ar
Mon Nov 4 08:35:14 EST 2002

Jason wrote:
>> Why not? In modern machines, IRQ sharing is generally not a problem.
It's true, but I have an strange problem when the system goes under traffic
(2/3 Mbits).
The ping replies starts to grow up until it reach the 5000/7000 ms.

I found an old mail on the list posted on September (Multiple WMP11 prism
2 cards in one machine leads to garbled packets? Jouni, help please!):
>> When large packets were send through the system (pings of 4000 bytes and
>> above) the machine was garbling up the packets and dropping a lot of
>> packets due to this garbling.
>> With packets smaller than this amount there seemed to be no problem with
>> garbling up the packets.
>> When we moved all the wlan cards to a separate IRQ the above described
>> problem seemed to be solved. No card is sharing an IRQ anymore
>> (i thought PCI could handle shared IRQ's ? )

This problem was with PCI cards, and I work with PCMCIA cards, but it is
very similiar to mine. If it is possible I want to avoid the IRQ sharing to
be sure that this is not the source of problems.

Regards,
Pablo