Linksys WPC 11
ghuntress at attbi.com
Sat Dec 14 09:06:51 EST 2002
I am trying to use the hostap driver with a linksys wpc11. This is on an
IBM Thinkpad running a very stock installation of RH 7.3 (installed fresh).
Here is what I have done
1) download and unpack hostap-2002-10-12
2) make pccard ran ok with no errors
3) make install_pccard ran ok with no errors
4) I restarted cargmgr and inserted card and it was detected, lsmod returns:
5) I see only successful messages in /var/log/messages;
"executing './network start wlan0'
"hostap_cs: index 0x01: vcc 5.0, irq3, io 0x01 80-0x01bf
"hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wlan0"
"/etc/hotplug/net.agent: invoke ifup wlan0"
5) iwconfig returns only lo and I am not online.
6) Using cardctl ident I verified that my manfid (0x0274, 0x1613) is in
/etc/hostap_cs.conf, but the entry did not seem to have the exact card
title, so I added the info reported by cardctl :
card "The Linksys Group, Inc."
version "Instant Wireless Network PC Card", "ISL37300P", "RevA"
manfid 0x0274, 0x1613
after adding that, I restarted cardmgr again and see the same thing.
I'm still offline and totally out of ideas. Can anyone tell me how I should
continue troubleshooting this?
More information about the HostAP