802.1x with WinXP

marcb at softhome.net marcb at softhome.net
Sat Dec 7 20:44:38 EST 2002

Thanks for the help...

but I tried the patch and unfortunately it doesn't seem to make any
difference to the problem.

Following Jouni's suggestion that the problem might be with WinXP SP1...  I
had a look at the Microsoft knowledgebase.  They have an article there
describing pretty much the behaviour I'm seeing (from a WinXp
persepective)..  and they say that WinXP SP1 cannot receive or process
multiple EAPOL keys.

 From my crude understanding of the what is happening... the WinXp machine is
authenticating once...  and then authenticating again...  before it drops
out.  Does that mean it is receiving two different keys, which Microsoft
seem to think WinXp cannot handle?