802.1x with WinXP

Brian Pomerantz bapper at piratehaven.org
Fri Dec 6 23:31:09 EST 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 07:20:45PM -0800, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> I have the same problem with WinXP SP1. WEP key exchanges clearly works
> since I can also ping the station for couple of seconds, but after that,
> WinXP decides to deauthenticate for some unknown reason. In other words,
> it is not hostapd, but Supplicant in WinXP doing the deauthentication.

If I have time next week I'll set up hostap as an AP (I've been using
the driver only for a client) and capture the packets with Airopeek to
see exactly who is doing the deauthentication and the reason given for
it.  We had a bit of a problem getting our AP working with XP and
802.1x but seem to have worked things out with/without SP1.

BAPper