Compiling problems with RedHat

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Dec 4 22:37:39 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:19:04PM +0200, jar at pcuf.fi wrote:

> [root at redhat73 utils]# make
> cc -O2 -Wall -I/usr/src/linux/include   -c -o prism2_srec.o prism2_srec.c
> In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/wireless.h:70,
>                  from prism2_srec.c:20:
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/ethtool.h:18: parse error before `u32'

What is this? Including ethtool.h from wireless.h... I haven't seen that
in kernel.org tree, so that is probably something Red Hat specific.

Well, I should not really be including kernel header files to user
space, but linux/wireless.h is something that is really needed.. It
might be useful to get it from something else like C library etc. at
some point, but for now, it is going to come from the kernel.

You might try moving '#include "util.h"' line in prism2_srec.c before
'#include <linux/wireless.h>' to fix this. util.h will end up defining
that u32, so it might be enough. I do not have (and I do not indent to
get ;-) Red Hat kernel tree, so I have not tested this.