koraob at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 02:34:56 EST 2002
I want to integrate wireless access into my linux firewall using HostAP. I
have been researching the supported cards available for this, namely the
Linksys WMP11 and D-Link DWL-520, and have not come up with a clear winner.
The problem with the D-link is that I have read that it *requires* a 2.2pci
bios and my machine is only a Pentium so that is no good and the I have read
several places that the WMP11 now uses a different chipset that doesn't have
a driver (I *hate* Linksys for this, they did it for their LNE100tx eth card
also). So around to the question does anyone know of a suitable card with
the following specs, in order of importance:
1. Available to buy now, works with hostap driver
2. PCI, or ISA (If anyone knows whether an Actiontec PC700 pcmcia > isa card
adapter works pcmcia would be ok)
3. doesn't require a 2.2pci bios
4. external antenna jack (would really like this one)
5. good power out ~100mw would be nice
Please reply to koraob at hotmail.com as I am not a member of this list *yet*.
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.
More information about the HostAP